Creating Good SEO
There are a number of factors that go into determining if your site’s SEO is up to measure. While this list is not comprehensive, some of the more important factors in SEO are these:
- Security and Accessibility: does your website offer a secure browsing experience? Is it structured such that it’s easy for Google and other search engines to find? Is it well built, with an effective site map?
- Mobile Friendliness: We live in a world dominated by the Internet of Things and a proliferation of mobile devices. So is your site mobile-friendly? Is it mobile-friendly across a variety of devices? Are you keeping it up to date for mobile use?
- Site Speed: does your site load quickly and without glitches? Does it load quickly for mobile devices? Site speed is a critical factor for Google, and many other search engines as well.
- Optimized Content: Does the content of your website–both written and visual–appeal to search engines via proper use of keywords, syntax, and links? Are you keeping your content fresh and up to date? Are you adapting to the changing demands of search algorithms?
- User Experience
- Inside and outside links
- Social signals and social media integration
- Real business information and effective location mapping
It’s a lot to take in, but these are all part of what makes an effective website. So with all that in mind, how do you ensure that your website is working for you?